Sunday 5 October 2014

Beauty and the Beast Cake


So yesterday we celebrated my roommate's birthday. Her actual birthday isn't until Wednesday but with everyone's busy school/work schedules yesterday was the best time for everyone. I was in charge of the cake, and since she loves Disney, and Beauty and the Beast is one of her favourites, I decided to use that as inspiration for the cake. It's also pumpkin flavoured, which is one of her favourite flavours and it felt very seasonally appropriate.



Overall I'm really happy with how it turned out, especially the rose! The fondant wasn't as smooth as I'd like, and there's a fair bit of icing sugar left on top, so those are just things I need to keep in mind for next time. 

Sadly I didn't take progress pictures, but I'll link the recipes for the cake here and the fondant here.

How about you guys, what's your favourite Disney movie?

No comments:

Post a Comment