Friday 7 November 2014

Review: Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstick in Poe



When I saw this lipstick, I knew I had to have it. Sadly when I went to go get it, it was sold out. And that kept happening, again and again. I usually don't talk to Sephora employees, but this time I figured it was worth it. So I ended up getting on the waiting list, and last week I got the call and me and my girlfriend headed out to the mall. 

(beginning of the day! aka bus #1)

I got around to trying it today and I'm smitten. The colour is so deep and pigmented. The smell is similar to MAC lipsticks with a sort of vanilla smell that's noticeable when you first put it on, but goes away within half an hour or so. The only real problem with it is that it a tiny bit drying. It's not a real problem at first, especially with a lip balm underneath, throughout the day it gets a fair bit drier. I feel like the dryness is par for the course with darker shades though. 

(side note: chestnut praline lattes are the bomb) 

It's fairly long wearing, I touched it up after eating and drinking, because it did come off a bit. It's been about ten hours, and when I asked my mom how my lipstick looked she said "fine" (she's not a fan of the dark lip look) It's a little hard to apply, if only because the darkness of the colour requires a fair amount of precision. Next time I think I'd use a lip brush, and maybe a liner too.

(end of the day! aka bus #3)

Overall I love this lipstick, it's smooth, it's super wearable as far as non standard colours go, and it's super pigmented. I'd give this lipstick a 9/10!

No comments:

Post a Comment